Thursday, September 2, 2010

BP1_Google Reader

picture courtesy of microsoft clip art


Here are a list of my favorite RSS feeds and why they are my favorites. I hope you will enjoy them as much as I have.

Teacher Tube:   http://www.teachertube.com/
            Teacher Tube is a great way for teachers to share their lessons or great ideas with other teachers. My first time watching a video from this site was when I was looking for a way to explain how to do a Math procedure to my daughter. There was a teacher sharing his Math lesson and it helped a lot. I liked it so much I shared it with the teachers at my school.

Free Technology For Teachers:  http://www.freetech4teachers.com/
            This website gives teachers a heads up on new technology that can be used in the classroom. From this website I’ve gotten inexpensive ideas on implementing different technology into my classroom. One of the ideas was the Flip Camera. Last year I purchased several cameras to use as part of my curriculum. The site also gives links to other educational websites.

New York Times:  http://www.nytimes.com/
            New York Time is an online newspaper. I actually have updates sent to my E-mail. There is always something I can share with my students on here. While students are coming in the classroom I sometimes have a Did You Know talk. NY Times usually post new gadgets or the latest technology             coming out. Gadgets are always fun to discuss with my classes. I also like to travel so they send travel ideas and discounts/coupons.

Teacher Tip Newsletter:  http://teachertipnewsletter.com/
            This is another website where I have their updates sent to me via e-mail. This website is good for teaching ideas, bulletin boards, etc. They usually have neat poster ideas. For a low fee they will also print them for you and send them to you. All of their activities/lesson plans are centered around the current month. They have printable handouts for different worksheets and puzzles. Even if you don’t want to use one of their ideas, it can be a start of one of your own.

Education World:  http://www.educationworld.com/
            This site is much like Teacher Tip Newsletter except it has much more to offer. When I can’t find what I’m looking for in Teacher Tip Newsletter I can always find it here.  As you can tell I am a gadget person and this site gives updates on gadgets and of course activities, lesson plans, and technology      integration.

No comments:

Post a Comment