Monday, September 20, 2010

Practical Experience Post #1


For my Practical Experience I chose iMovie. I know we've used it before in other classes but I never really took the time to go through the software. iMovie actually reminds me of Windows Movie Maker. I don't really care for Windows Movie Maker because I felt like I was limited to what I could do. In the first couple of chapters of the iMovie tutorial I learned how to display and skim through the video on full screen. I also learned how to manage clips between groups and projects. For some reason this really confused me at first. I now understand the difference.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Dena, imovie and Windows Movie Maker are similar products aimed at the same level of casual video editor. I have tried to use Movie Maker in my classroom and have had trouble with it, reaching frustration quickly. I purchased a resource kit from Teacher Created Materials that has tutorial cards with instructions for movie maker on one side and imovie on the other side. Movie Maker hasn't changed in the four or five years I have had the set, but when I tried to follow the steps for the version of imovie we had, it was totally different. Good thing I'm stuck with movie maker in the classroom, or my materials would be outdated.

    ReplyDelete