Saturday, April 9, 2011

WK2 Blog Post 4- How do you think?

Picture compliments of Dena Moncrief.




Now that I’ve read, I want to give everybody an “A” including myself. The hard part is how do you give yourself an “A”? We are our own worst critic, basher, friend, and sometimes even enemy. When you’ve always thought of yourself as one way how do you turn it around? When things did not go as you thought they should have, how can you think positive? Well…it comes through positive thinking and prayer. Instead of always thinking that something bad is always happening to you, turn it around and say that it wasn’t for you to have, do, see, be, and so on.

I remember one day I was having a birthday party for my oldest daughter. I could not find my keys. We looked and looked and looked. Still there were no keys. The birthday party had started without the birthday girl. I was really upset. Eventually we found the keys in my youngest daughter’s toy car. As we were leaving to go to the party, there was a news flash on TV telling everyone to not use the interstate. There was a bad car accident where a car hit a gas truck and blew up the interstate. No cars could pass. Several people were hurt. At that moment I realized that if we had left when I wanted to leave then we would have been in the mist of the accident. Everything happens for a reason. That day changed how I thought about everything.

Changing the way I think. Optimistic, that’s the key.

2 comments:

  1. Dena
    I so wish that I were as optimistic as you! You already see the A’s in yourself and in the people and world around you! You have truly been blessed! I found your blog very uplifting and enjoyable to share a piece of your world. It was a really, really a gift! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, amazing what happens (or doesn't happen) when kids mess with your stuff. Usually the blessing is less obvious, but it's there somewhere. :-)

    ReplyDelete