Saturday, April 23, 2011

WK4 Reading Ch 9-12 - Blog Post #1

Pictures compliments of Dena Moncrief.

Hmmmmm____________
Don’t let a “No” ruin everything. Did I mention that there’s a reason for everything? Sometimes a “No” means “Yes” to something else. Take for instance a house that you thought was your dream house or the guy/girl you thought was your soul mate. You might not have known that your so called beautiful dream house had a pipe issue or an ongoing electrical problem. You might not have known the person of your dreams had halitosis or was really mean and lied all the time. It’s all about how you look at things. Sometimes “No” can be a blessing. Are you optimistic or a pessimist?
The book also spoke about shifting blame. I used to do that a lot until I grew up and found it was wrong. I had an apartment by myself toward the end of my college years. One time I lost a bracelet and swore someone took it. Then I realized how stupid it sounded seeing how I was the only person there. No one to shift blame to.
Situations that we are in can change the way we think and our vision of our future. Whatever your vision is for yourself, you most likely will accomplish. Visions are usually formed from what you have a passion for.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent examples of concepts in the book. I find it interesting that the discovery that one's beloved suffers from halitosis is listed before lying and being mean. Interesting. I'm sure that you were just being nice... I liked the bracelet story too... sometimes we trap ourselves into blame when we attribute to ill-will what is no more than a misplaced item.

    ReplyDelete